Speedex™ FFG mid-gel Litho Trans Extender
A very large range of ink vehicles is made by Kerley Ink. We have what you are looking for...
Speedex Extender FFG is a mildly gelled version of Speedex Extender which is a unique sheetfed offset printing ink/transparent extender with the performance specifications that printers really need. Speedex features:
• The ability to be used right out of the can.
• Extremely fast initial setting.
• Jobs printed with Speedex on paper can be handled 5 minutes after impression.
• Speedex develops good cure in less than 12 hours.
• Speedex can stay “open” on press overnight, even on copper rollers.
• Speedex will not “skin” in the can for days.
• Speedex uses a drier-free setting mechanism.
• Speedex’s cure rate and hardness can be greatly enhanced with driers.
• Speedex has approximately 20% VOC content.
Use Speedex Extender FFG for making tints which need a "short" ink body with less flow, or wherever there is commercial printing on paper & corona-treated non-porous film substrates. Speedex inks made with Speedex Extender FFG work well on a wide variety of stocks including quality offset stocks, and coated stocks of virtually all basis weights. Since Speedex Extender FFG is really a transparent, color-free oil-based litho ink, it has a great deal of compatibility with many graphic arts chemicals. Speedex Extender FFG contains high-melt polyethylene wax and a trace amount of PTFE wax, so a sample should be tested for compatibility with coatings and overprint varnishes before actual use. With these proper precautions, inks made with Speedex Extender can be used with inline coating and overprinting right out of the can.
Tack: 16 points @ 1200 RPM @ 90 F
Viscosity (Laray): 160 Poises, yield value: 2,100 Dynes/CmSq @ 30 Deg C
Resin Type: Rosin-Modified Phenolic 155C MP
Volatile Percentage: 12%
Solvent Boiling Range: 375-750 °F
Drying Oil Content: 25%
Wax Content: <1% PTFE, 2% Polyethylene
3.5 Gallon Plastic Bucket (net 30 lbs)
5 gallon plastic bucket with optional pour spout (40-45 lbs)
15 Gallon Steel Drum / Kit (110-135 lbs net)
55 gallon straight sided steel drum (net 400-450 lbs)